The Henderson Fire Department responded to a residential blaze on Shoshone Lane in Henderson on ...

Henderson fire leaves two displaced | Local Las Vegas

Posted on


Two people were displaced after a fire gutted a Henderson home on Monday afternoon.

No injuries were reported, but the building was a total loss, said Madeleine Skains, a Henderson spokesperson.

The fire, which was first reported at 12:50 p.m., tore through a home in the 200 block of Shoshone Lane, a neighborhood of mobile homes near East Lake Mead Parkway and Center Street.

Neighbors gathered on the street as crews worked to extinguish the blaze, which sent up a large column of smoke that could be seen for miles in Henderson.

James Wood, 25, said a relative who lives in the home was OK. He said residents in the neighborhood were shocked.

“It was raging by the time I came out,” Wood said of the blaze.

The cause of the fire was still being determined, Skains said in an email.

Contact Brett Clarkson at bclarkson@reviewjournal.com.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *