Two people were displaced after a fire gutted a Henderson home on Monday afternoon.
No injuries were reported, but the building was a total loss, said Madeleine Skains, a Henderson spokesperson.
The fire, which was first reported at 12:50 p.m., tore through a home in the 200 block of Shoshone Lane, a neighborhood of mobile homes near East Lake Mead Parkway and Center Street.
Neighbors gathered on the street as crews worked to extinguish the blaze, which sent up a large column of smoke that could be seen for miles in Henderson.
James Wood, 25, said a relative who lives in the home was OK. He said residents in the neighborhood were shocked.
“It was raging by the time I came out,” Wood said of the blaze.
The cause of the fire was still being determined, Skains said in an email.
Contact Brett Clarkson at email@example.com.